Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life of a Teacher

I was recently having a discussion with some teachers who are already in the field and have jobs. I asked them a few questions about the topics we have been talking about in this class and in my TE 401 class. Some of the topics were on technology and also about assessments and the curriculum they use. I found that if you are an elementary school teacher it is extremely difficult to teach anything you would like to teach or in a way you find interesting. The students have to be prepared for the state testing so that curriculum is the most important. I also found that many teachers like to use technology, but they school doesn't always have the money to provide this technology for them. I think this is probably a big issue in a lot of schools. I have also seen first hand how much technology can have an impact on teaching. My placement teacher has a smart board in her classroom and the students respond so well to the lessons that she has on this board and they love the interaction. This is a great example of how technology can really enhance teaching.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy what you said here about many of the schools not having the technology that they need. I have been placed all over the socio-economic spectrum and it is amazing to see what some schools have that others don't. The same holds true for resource allocation. We have so many schools that are lacking proper resources yet we have others that are receiving new text books almost on a yearly basis.

    ReplyDelete